It gives me great pleasure to welcome you to the Mulberry Schools Trust website. Our Multi Academy Trust (MAT) is a flourishing collaboration of schools and partners with a focus on delivering high quality provision for local families in Tower Hamlets and East London.
We believe in outstanding achievement for all. We have a clear vision that all students who attend one of our schools leave us as highly qualified, confident and articulate young people with a wealth of experience. Our aim is to develop creativity, leadership and a life-long love of learning. This will enable our students to lead enriched, happy and fulfilled lives, making a contribution to their own community, to British society and to global well-being.
I enjoy seeing all of our dedicated and innovative staff teams work with each successive cohort of students to shape the culture and ethos of their schools so that each individual feels empowered and has the opportunity to contribute.
All schools in the Trust benefit from a range of partnerships. We are also highly entrepreneurial, offering outstanding opportunities for students and their families through our Mulberry Changemaker programmes. These include:
- The East London Teaching School Hub – which offers ITT (Initial Teacher Training), the ECF (Early Career Framework), NPQs (National Professional Qualifications) in leadership and CPD (Continuing Professional Development). This is system leadership work in Tower Hamlets and Hackney to support outstanding teaching and leadership across the region whilst also improving practice within the Trust.
- Mulberry Arts – an extensive Trust-wide arts provision spanning theatre, dance, music, film, conferences and training for employment in the creative industries. An extensive range of partners are engaged in this work, focused on developing confidence, exploring identity and developing skills in public speaking and performance.
- Mulberry STEM Academy – a supplementary school running on Saturdays and in the holidays for students aged 5 – 18, with an alumni programme. It is sponsored by Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Ltd and aims to create a talent pipeline amongst our students into careers in STEM-related industries. These industries are not yet ethnically diverse and gender equality remains problematic. This programme is a deep and longitudinal initiative to bring about systemic change.
- The Mulberry Schools Foundation – a charity which raises funds to provide deep and meaningful opportunities for students and their families which cannot be afforded within their usual financial constraints, for example travel bursaries, books and equipment, the Global Girl Leading programme, Model UN and so on. The Foundation aims to level up the playing field financially, giving the added value through such resources to those that do not have them.
- The Knowledge and Innovation Hub – a research and development arm of the Trust’s work, which allows Mulberry to build its own knowledge base about disadvantage, community and education as well as creating entrepreneurial activity to address the disadvantage gap for children in education. During the pandemic lockdown in response to the difficulties families were experiencing, Mulberry co-founded with the Dunraven Education Trust ‘Reconnect London’ which aims to better understand and target the impact of lockdown on disadvantage.
Whether you are considering one of the schools for your child, interested in working with us or you would like to find out more, please explore our website, or feel free to get in touch and we will be happy to speak with you.
Dr Vanessa Ogden